People often ask us how they can help Shanghai Sunrise beyond sponsoring a student. Here are some ideas for you to consider:
* Participate in a race, run or other event and ask friends and family to support your efforts by making a donation in support of Shanghai Sunrise. There are websites out there to help you do this with ease. Check out GiveALittle.co.nz to see an example.
* If you are repatriating, host a House Sale and forward the sale proceeds to Shanghai Sunrise. (We can give you a donation bucket and organization brochures to help collect money and educate attendees.)
* Sell our merchandise! Going to a coffee morning or book club with friends and want to take along a few mugs or umbrellas for sale? Contact the office to learn more and schedule a merchandise drop off.
* Give the gift of Shanghai Sunrise! Mugs and umbrellas are a great way to say thank you to a teacher or colleague. If your office has a Corporate Gift Program, contact us to discuss how we can help you meet your gifting needs.
* Coordinate a Drinks or Dinner Out For Shanghai Sunrise – partner with your favorite watering hole or local restaurant. “Pass the hat” or offer a discounted drink or entrée, with the difference going to support student scholarships.
If you have an idea and want to bounce it off of someone, give us a call! We can help you think it through and provide appropriate materials and support. Get creative – it will be fun AND charitable.
To talk to us about your fundraising event ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.